Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Brothers First Trip + Mexican Salad!

Hi guys! It's Jackie! Well.. Duh who else would it be? :)
Me and my mom dropped off my brother at the airport for his first flight alone :( He went for a week to North Carolina to visit his friend which is pretty far from Toronto :D


Okay on to the recipe :)


Mexican Salad:

Ingredients:
2 heads of romaine lettuce; chopped
1 avocado ; cut into small pieces
1 carton of cherry tomatoes ; cut in half
Some green onion ; cut into small rings
1 can or bag of corn ( frozen or Fresh ) ( I didn't have any do I just didn't put it in there )
1 can red kidney beans ; drained
Some veggie ground beef ( fake ) ; heated
Shredded cheese ( optional )
3-5 tablespoons salsa ( depends on your taste )
Halepeno oil ( optional )

Directions:
Cut the lettuce,avocado,tomatoes and onion and put into a bowl.
Heat up the corn ( if it's frozen ) if its not then just drain and drop in.
Drain and add the beans.
Heat up the veggie ground beef :)
Add the cheese ( optional )
Then add as much or as little salsa as you want ( depending on your taste )
And the halepeno oil ( optional )
Mix it all together.

And your done :D
You have a yummy and easy appetizer/main course :)

Enjoy!


Jackie ~

2 comments:

  1. Jackie, that salad sounds delicious! I'm excited for a chance to make it (maybe this weekend). I hope your brother has a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya the salad does look good:) I hope Jon has a fun trip too:)

    ReplyDelete